SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence (Webi) Folding & Unfolding Tutorial
The fold/unfold feature allows a user the ability to expand or hide sections of their report without having to drill down by using folds on sections or breaks. Watch the video above or read the steps below to learn how to do folding/unfolding in Web Intelligence.
For this tutorial, we are using the efashion universe and will focus on quantity sold by state and city. To demonstrate the folds we've already brought in the state, city and quantity of sold objects from the efashion universe and inserted them into a vertical table.
Steps to Webi Folding and Unfolding
- First, we are going to create a break on the state
- Click on the Analysis Tab and them break under display
- Next, we want to get the sum of Quantity Sold for each state
- Select the Quantity Sold column
- Click on the functions tab under the Analysis Tab and press Sum
- Remove the sum text
- Now we are going to remove the repeating Break headers
- Right click on the table and go to Break >> Manage breaks
- Under display >> uncheck “Break Header”
- After we have removed the Break Header, we need to add the Table Header
- Right click on the table >> select “Format Table”
- Check the box for “Table Headers”
- Last, we need to enable the option to allow the folding feature
- Go to the Analysis Tab
- Select “Outline”
- You will notice now that an outline appears on the left hand side
- If we click on the “2” then all of the cities will fold up, leaving the city totals within each state
- If you click on the “1” then the city totals are folded up, leaving you with only the state totals
- Last, if you click on “T” then it will show you the total sum of quantity sold for all of the states
Have more questions about tips & tricks in BusinessObjects? WCI Consulting has been in the business of managing data since 1998 so we know our stuff! Don't hesitate to ask how we can help on your next project.
Need Help with BusinessObjects?
- SAP Business Objects Audit
- SAP Business Objects Upgrade
- Business Objects Rapid Marts
- Business Objects Support & Training
If you have any questions from this webinar or suggestions for future webinars around BOBJ 4.2 let us know!