A Fortune 500 real estate investment & management company
The company wanted to simplify its IT administrative support burden and lower licensing costs by reducing their dual software platform to a single enterprise BI solution. Their property portfolio managers use these systems to track performance, transactions, commissions and other data. Also, as a new initiative, they wanted to deploy corporate dashboards.
To support the objective, the tasks were to:
- Improve availability and accuracy of company data
- Assimilate a variety of source software packages and operational systems
- Add a BI portal specifically designed for real estate and financial organizations
- Integrate the BI and reporting platform with their own custom software systems
- Implement a geographical security model so authorized resources were seeing only the data they were supposed to see.
What WCI did
Here’s what the technical solution from WCI included:
- Migrating OLAP cubes from PowerPlay to MS Analysis Services
- Transitioning ETL processing to a new, upgraded solution
- Migrating all reporting to newer Business Intelligence enterprise platform
- Identifying key performance indicators and building dashboard metrics and analytics to present them in a time-phased and dimensionally sliced manner
As a result of the migration, the client realized massive reductions in software licensing, hardware, and IT support and administration expenses. Measurable savings were in the six-figure range.
Costs around productivity improvements were also lowered, as automation greatly reduced the effort required to generate information.