How to Create a Flat File in SAP Data Services – Tutorial Video
Watch the video to discover how to create a flat file in SAP Data Services.
Watch the video to learn about:
- Creating a CSV file format
- Tips for naming conventions of flat files
- How to automatically name files and get rid of the first row header
- Tips for using delimiters
- Navigating error handling
- How to use a flat file for a source or a target
Step-by-Step Guide for Flat File in Data Services Creation
If you need to create a flat file to manage information you can follow these steps for flat file creation to ensure your success.
- Create a New Flat File Format
- Define General Properties
- Define File and File Location
- Define Delimeter Properties
- Define Input/Output Properties including column definitions
- Define Error Handling
- Save and Close
To learn more about data management with SAP check out our other Data Services tutorials! And if you have any questions or need information about how we can help with your next data project, contact us below.