A promotions marketing company that provides reward and rebate fulfillment to Fortune 1000 companies
This company wanted to migrate their ETL & data integration processing from one solution to a newer one, and so had immediate need for custom BI solutions. Intended to serve new, high-volume clients, they required custom reporting and their own internal infrastructure, separate from the databases of smaller clients.
Existing home grown solutions could not scale sufficiently. Large retailers provide data in their own formats, so the company would need help with coding to import that data.
To them, a successful migration would have to produce complete custom reporting for a new client on the first day of rollout, with basic information formatted in the way their client wanted to see it, including:
- Volume of rebates submitted
- How long it takes to write a check
- The effectiveness of different rebates for different products and campaigns
- The number of products sold vs the number of rebates redeemed
- How fast rebates are processed per campaign
Other requirements included:
- Proper reconciliation between financial systems and exception reporting on non-balancing accounts
- Improve performance monitoring of tools, including notification of failed data transfers
- The capability to perform year-to-year comparisons on KPI metrics using dashboards
What WCI did
We designed, developed, documented, and deployed new ETL processes, data marts, reports, and dashboards for each new project.
Scope of solution
Over an eight-month period, WCI team members worked with the client on various projects. Our work served their Finance, Sales, Operations (Call Center) and IT departments.
The technologies used were ETL and data integration solutions, Oracle, and SQL Server.
Dashboard, Performance Mangement & Scorecarding, Business Intelligence and reporting technologies.
The application, backoffice and related technology was Oracle PL/SQL.
The integration tool migration was successful, complete with documentation and transition to the client’s staff.
Data marts developed for new clients and custom reports/scorecards were implemented on schedule for client to go-live. The dashboard proof-of-concept was successful in conveying feasibility for rollout to future clients.
WCI documented all data mart designs, ETL mappings, and process flows and conducted information sessions.