Connect to the SAP BusinessObjects Universe
Toreo Data is a driver that connects the data stored in a Business Intelligence system like SAP BusinessObjects with data visualization solutions like Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, Tableau or TIBCO Spotfire. To watch demo videos of how Toreo Data interacts with the visualization tools click on each vendor.
The Toreo Data SAP connector is an ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) driver that minimizes the complexities involved in accessing SAP BusinessObjects Universe data so you can leverage pre-existing work, complex variables and SAP Universes through 3rd party tools that excel in data visualization.
Toreo Data takes BusinessObjects content from:
- SAP BusinessObjects Universe
- Query as a Web Service (QaaWS) – built using an SAP Universe and published
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence (WebI) reports
- SAP BusinessObjects Desk Intelligence (DeskI) – using an SAP Universe
- Crystal Report on server
- Crystal Reports stand alone
Discover how we use Toreo Data get data from the SAP BusinessObjects Universe into Tableau. Watch in HD for best quality
Toreo Data FAQ
Does Toreo Data connect directly to the SAP BO Universe?
Yes! With Toreo Data 2.0 we have increased the functionality to tap into the SAP BusinessObjects Universe directly. Book a discovery call today and we’ll get you started.
What is Toreo Data?
It’s an ODBC Driver that’s installed on a client machine for development and installed on a server to support server based products.
What does Toreo Data do?
It makes SAP BusinessObjects content appear as Data Elements (a table) in an ODBC connection.
How does Toreo Data work?
It takes the output of content types and presents it as a table. It uses the final version of data for consumption and it can use formula columns from content. It allows you to reuse SAP BusinessObjects data for any ODBC compliant end tool like Qlik, Tableau or TIBCO Spotfire.
How is security integrated with Toreo Data?
Toreo Data leverages SAP BusinessObjects Security by logging into the platform using credentials provided by the administrator at the ODBC configuration. It can be setup to use Active Directory Authentication and leverages Row Level Security setup in the SAP Universe.
How does Toreo Data connect with SAP BusinessObjects?
Toreo Data connects to the SAP BusinessObjects platform using HTTP or HTTPS. It can connect to internal SAP BusinessObjects deployments as well as public deployments. The data is delivered to the calling program via ODBC protocol.
What are the advantages of using Toreo Data?
- Continue to leverage your existing business intelligence data as appropriate
- Link your Enterprise Business Intelligence and Data Visualization strategy
- Use existing and future visualization tools with a focus on end user success
- Provide IT with a clear path to establishing overall BI strategy without limiting end user visualization tool choices
- Eliminate parallel redundant data visualization efforts
- Create a future where departments and users are free to choose their own tool (while leveraging IT for EBI)
- Provides one universal ODBC Driver (vs multiple drivers or platforms which are dependent on the visualization tool)
What is the cost?
It depends on your environment and the number of developer machines. Give us a shout to find out more details!